Impartiality policy11.04.2022 2022-05-27 13:53
Ensuring impartiality and independence to the certification process represents a measure of the trust of all stakeholders in our activities for CERTINSPECT.
For this reason, the top management of CERTINSPECT assures that the risks associated with the occurrence of any potential conflicts of interests, which represent threats to impartiality, are identified, analyzed, documented and kept under control for the purpose of eliminating or mitigating them.
For this purpose, CERTINSPECT introduced the Commission for Ensuring Impartiality in its organizational structure, an independent commission that ensures the involvement of all stakeholders in the development of policies, but also in fighting against any tendencies which might affect the impartiality of its certification activities and decisions.
If certain threats to impartiality occur, which may be based on personal interests, self-evaluation, familiarity, intimidation, finances, granting incentives and commission, competition, etc. CERTINSPECT undertakes to act promptly in order to exclude or mitigate them.
In order to maintain impartiality and a perception of impartiality, CERTINSPECT:
- does not offer and does not supply consultancy activities or internal audits to the certified organizations;
- does not certify the management system for a client who received consultancy and internal audit, when the relationship with the consultancy/internal audits provider represents an inacceptable threat to impartiality;
- does not initiate the certification process if a relationship represents an inacceptable threat to impartiality;
- does not perform promotion activities for any consultancy organization in the field where it performs certification activities;
- does not use for audits the staff that supplied consultancy/internal audit to the organization that applies for certification, within the last 2 years;
- distances itself from any activities of an organization that supplies consultancy in the field where it performs certification activities;
- does not present the certification activities as being related to the activities of an organization that supplies consultancy for management systems;
- does not declare and does not suggest to the client that the certification would be easier, faster, simpler, or less expensive if they choose a specific consultancy company;
- does not outsource activities specific to the certification process;
- treats each application for certification with impartiality, applying the same procedures and fees;
- does not certify the management system of another certification organization;
- ensures the independent evaluation of the audit results, so that the certification decision is taken impartially and objectively;
- concludes labor contracts with the internal staff, contracts for services with the collaborating staff and certification contracts with its clients, in which the responsibilities of the parties concerning impartiality are stated;
- ensures that the entire internal and collaborating staff signs and acknowledges the Deontological Code, which encourages them to declare any situation that may represent a threat to impartiality for them or for the organization;
- ensures that it offers trust to all stakeholders by applying the principles: impartiality, openness, confidentiality, competence, responsibility and responsiveness to claims and complaints concerning the certification decision.
- ensure that all internal and collaborating staff are not involved in the design, manufacture, construction, promotion, installation, maintenance or provision of medical devices or their associated parts or services in the audit of the quality management system; is not involved in the design, construction, implementation or maintenance of the quality management system being audited; is not an authorized representative of the audited organization and does not represent the parties involved in these activities;
CERTINSPECT is responsible for the impartiality of its certification activities and shall not allow commercial, financial pressures or pressures of other nature to compromise its impartiality and objectivity. The compliance with this policy shall be permanently monitored by the Commission for Ensuring Impartiality. As Director of CERTINSPECT, I take it upon myself to declare that I undertake not to influence in any way the impartiality of the certification decisions, not to make any financial pressures or any other nature on the staff or clients of CERTINSPENCT and to ensure that the entire staff involved in the certification activities is aware of the need for impartiality by acknowledging the Deontological Code and the undertakings concerning the involvement or non-involvement in activities which may influence impartiality, followed by verifications on the validity of the statements and not to be involved in the appointment of the audit teams.