Retention of records11.04.2022 2022-08-18 15:54
Retention of records
Retention of records
In its role as certification body ensuring the compliance with the confidentiality principle, CERTINSPECT has implemented its own management system, which includes documented rules concerning the control of records resulting both from the operation of its own management system and from the certification activities and those supplied by its clients on electronic support or on paper support. In order to ensure adequate records for use, the procedure titled Control of Documents and Records. Archiving, code PS-01, is elaborated and implemented.
The procedure determines the periods for keeping and elimination, the method of storage and protection, including maintaining readability, the control of modifications, the modality of dissemination, access, finding and use for documents and records. By its elaborated procedure and its Policy on retention of records, CERTINSPECT ensures that:
- all the records concerning the clients are kept (archived), transmitted or transferred in a manner that ensures the maintaining of confidentiality;
- the records of certified clients are kept during the ongoing certification cycle, plus one complete certification cycle;
- there is restricted access for viewing only, without the possibility to perform modifications;
- the records are secure, either by storing them in spaces protected against unauthorized entrance that prevent, degradation, theft, loss or intentional destruction, inadequate handling, loss of confidentiality by limited access granted only to authorized persons, or electronically to databases where access is restricted by levels with username and passwords which are changed on a monthly basis;
- the access to paperwork, documents and records is regulated by the Job Description.
As Director, I undertake to make available all the necessary resources to ensure the integrity and protection of documents and records throughout the entire archiving period, as it is established by the applicable procedures and by the legislation.